Number of VoIP scannings has exploded
January 11, 2010
Posted by on
If you have an IP PBX on a public IP, and you are not quite sure if it is secure enough, you should get to it now!
Scannings on port 5060 has exploded the lastest days. Previously it was a couple hits in the week, now it’s up to a 100 a day. This means that if your VoIP setup is not 100% secure, others will find it and abuse it!And you will get the telephony bill!
Get to it, secure your VoIP communication platform right now!
Check the following:
- All users has strong passwords
- Access Lists are updated and preferably both ways (both incoming and outgoing traffic on the server)
- No unused services are enabled
- Latest patches are on the server OS
- Latest patches are on the application
- Latest SECURE firmware on the hardware endpoints (phones etc.)
- Other services on the plattform like Web servers, TFTP, FTP, SSH are locked down or VERY strong passwords
- Encrypt the traffic from the user and into the server (to make eavesdropping harder)
- Make the PCs accessing your platform secure. Any keycatchers or sniffers installed here?
- Forgotten someting? Please comment